What we do
The firm is active in both advisory and litigation matters.
Their activity with regards to litigation includes in particular:
- Preparation of proceedings (choice of appropriate actions, setting up of seizures procedures of counterfeit goods or various statements of facts, interventions with Customs, etc.)
- The choice, organisation, and follow-up of proceedings (civil, commercial or criminal)
The firm acts before all the French and European jurisdictions and administrations specialised in the IP field, such as:
- All national jurisdictions
- National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI)
- National Commission for Employee Inventions (CNIS)
- European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- The General Court of the European Union (EGC)
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
The consultancy activity includes in particular:
- Drafting of documents (assignment of rights, licensing, confidentiality agreements, coexistence agreements, consultations, transactions, etc.)
- Advice on strategy for the protection and defence of Intellectual Property rights
- Due diligence
- Accompanying artists in the management of their rights (as an agent for artists and authors)
- Internal on-site training (updates, various training courses, etc.)
For example, the firm obtained the registration of a three-dimensional trademark for a mineral water bottle before the General Court of the European Union (Contrex bottle).
More recently, after winning a community trade mark infringement case, the European Court of Justice ruled that the prohibition measure accompanying the infringement conviction should apply to the entire territory of the EU, and not just locally (Webshipping case).